LX-57B is high lead-barium glass, and features high radiation shielding capability and excellent transparency. LX-57B is produced under strict product standards and quality control.
- 1. JIS Certified Product
- With its high content of lead and barium, LX-57B lead glass has excellent radiation shielding capability. For example, 9 mm-thick LX-57B has the same X-ray shielding capability (lead equivalent: 2.0 mmPb) as 2 mm-thick lead plating.
LX-57B is a JIS certified product.
- 2. Large Sizes Increase the Field of Vision
- The largest LX-57B product is 1,200 x 2,600 mm. Use of large-size LX-57B for observation and operation windows in X-ray TV rooms, CT scanning rooms and angiography rooms provides a wider field of vision to improve operations.
- 3. Glass Characteristics
- LX-57B would not be combustible even in the event of a fire because it is an inorganic glass. LX-57B is easy to process. It can also be formed into a disk plate, or drilled for glove box.
- 4. Excellent Transparency
- LX-57B allows very high light transmittance. This transmittance is almost the same as that of a normal window glass. Because of its excellent transmittance, LX-57B can be used with great advantage in observation and operation windows of radiation equipment.
Glass Thickness and Lead Equivalent
|Glass Thickness(mm)||Lead Equivalent(mmPb)||Notes|
|6.0 ± 0.5||1.1||Lead equivalent is guaranteed within
an X-ray tube voltage range of 60 to 150 kV.
|7.0 ± 0.5||1.5|
|9.0 ± 0.5||2.0|
|11.0 ± 0.5||2.5
|14.0 ± 0.5||3.0||Lead equivalent is guaranteed within
an X-ray tube voltage range of 60 to 200 kV.
＊NEG also offers products with a shielding capability of over 3.0 mmPb in lead equivalent (radiation source: X rays) as well as products for radiation sources other than X rays. For more information, please contact us.
Max. Size and Specific Gravity
|Maximum Stock Size||Specific Gravity|
Transparency is almost the same as that of normal window glass.